Practical Advice On How To Organize A Qualitative Research Paper Outline
The qualitative research paper is a very complex subject matter. It can be as complex as a dissertation and aims to analyze, interpret, or question a certain phenomena or problem using different methods of study. These are to be qualitative instead of quantitative in nature. Because of the complexity of this assignment, it is very important that you begin with a qualitative research paper outline to organize your ideas. Learn advice on organizing this in the following paragraphs and check out this useful link for even more detailed information.
Include All Your Sections
Since the qualitative paper is so detailed, it is necessary to break it apart into sections. Like the thesis, this form of writing requires sections including:
- Abstract- The abstract is meant to provide a summary for all the different sections of your work. It is typically between 150 and 250 words and should include 1-2 sentences for each of your different sections.
- Introduction- The introduction should familiarize your reader with what you are trying to prove, as well as the reasons for your research and what value you believe that it has.
- Literature Review- This section analyzes any reading or documents that were used in your analysis.
- Sample Description- If you collected your own data, you will need to provide information on the age, gender, educational background, socioeconomic status, race, or other factors that may influence the results.
- Data Collection Methods- This section describes how information was collected. Usually, your research paper outline page will include several methods.
- Data Analysis Methods- This describes the methods you used to analyze the data you found.
- Findings- This section directly reports the findings of your research without any bias.
- Discussion- In this section, you can analyze and provide your opinion on the various findings from your data.
- Conclusion- This section summarizes your final thoughts on your findings and what they prove.
Do Your Work the Easy Way
Instead of relying on your own ability to organize the outline, consider using a research paper blank outline for your qualitative paper. This will set up the individual sections and you can just fill in your thoughts.
Writing a qualitative research paper can be difficult because of its complexity. Using an outline to organize your thoughts will make the process significantly easier.